This article will discuss creating a MetaMask account, connecting to the BSC Network, and purchasing CREO on PancakeSwap. Let’s begin!
- Visit the official MetaMask website at https://metamask.io and download the wallet software for your device.
- Once the software is installed, navigate to the extension icon in the top right corner of your web browser and click on the MetaMask option.
- Click on the "Get Started" button and choose between the "Import wallet" and "Create a wallet" options.
- Import wallet: This is for users who already have an existing MetaMask wallet on a different device and would like to import it to a new one.
- Create a wallet: This is for users who want to set up a new MetaMask wallet.
4. Select the "Create a Wallet" option and agree to the disclaimer that appears.
5. Create a password when prompted and write several copies down on different pieces of paper. Avoid creating digital copies of the password.
6. Use the password to access your MetaMask wallet every time.
Important: Wallet Secret Recovery Phrase
- A screen explaining a Secret Recovery Phrase and how to copy it down on paper will now appear.
- The secret recovery phrase is a 12-word sequence that serves as a backup in case you need to import your MetaMask wallet to a new device.
- It is important to carefully copy the words in the exact order presented on the screen, as the order is crucial for importing the account to a new device.
- MetaMask will prompt you to enter the 12-word sequence before completing the final steps.
Your MetaMask Wallet is Created!
Once you've completed the above steps, you'll be able to access your new MetaMask wallet. To begin using the software, you'll need to familiarize yourself with two main components:
- Identifying your public address: This is the address you can freely share with people or platforms like exchanges to receive cryptocurrency into your wallet. Think of it as your home address that you share with people to receive inbound mail. It's always advisable, however, to check to make sure any inbound tokens are compatible with MetaMask before receiving them; otherwise, they might be lost forever.
- How to fund/buy and send: These are the core functions of MetaMask.
Now we will connect your MetaMask wallet to BSC Network. BSC is the network where CreoPlay is running, so connecting to it will allow you to access and use the platform. Follow these steps to connect your MetaMask wallet to BSC Network:
Connecting MetaMask to BSC (Binance Smart Chain) Network
- Open and log in to your MetaMask wallet.
- Go to Settings > Networks and press the "Add Network" button.
- Input the following information on the new screen:
- Network Name: Smart Chain
- New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
- Chain ID: 56
- Symbol: BNB
- Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
4. Return to the wallet screen and check for the signs that the Binance Smart Chain has been added to your MetaMask wallet; BNB token standard and "Smart Chain was successfully added" message.
Browsing Pancakeswap using the MetaMask app(Phone)
To connect MetaMask to PancakeSwap on your MetaMask app (phone), follow these steps:
- Open the MetaMask app on your phone and click on the burger icon in the left-side corner.
- Click on the "Browser" option.
- In the search field, type "https://pancakeswap.finance" and connect to the site.
- MetaMask will connect to PancakeSwap. On the PancakeSwap screen, click "Connect."
Note: Make sure only to connect using your BNB Smart Chain wallet.
Purchasing CREO on PancakeSwap
Once you've set up and connected your wallet, buying on PancakeSwap is easy. You must ensure that you've already got some BNB that PancakeSwap uses for its transaction fees.
Note: You will need a small amount of BNB Coin as gas fees to do the swap. Make sure you have not only BUSD but also BNB.
1. Go to the PancakeSwap Exchange page
*Refer to section 'Browsing Pancakeswap using the MetaMask app(Phone)' above*
2. Choose the token you want to exchange.
On the Swap page, you'll see a token ticker (defaulted to BNB) on the top. This is the token you want to exchange. We will exchange using BUSD; switch to BUSD
3. Choose the token you want to trade to (CREO).
After switching BNB on the top to BUSD, click on the token symbol below (Usually defaulted to CAKE) and find the Creo Engine token by typing 'CREO.' Once the CREO symbol is shown, choose 'Import' (BEWARE OF FALSE TOKEN ADDRESS: CREO ENGINE OFFICIAL CONTRACT ADDRESS IS 0x9521728bF66a867BC65A93Ece4a543D817871Eb7), tick on the "I Understand" and select 'Import' once again
4. Enter the amount.
Back to the 'Swap' screen, you can enter either the number of CREO you want to receive or the number of BUSD you wish to exchange. Once you enter an amount into one of the fields, the other field will be calculated for you automatically. A small breakdown will also appear below the calculator. Once you've made sure that all the amounts are correct and that you're happy with the fees and slippage tolerance, you can confirm by choosing 'Enable BUSD.' The "Give permission to access your BUSD" will show up, do a final inspection, and once everything is set, press 'Approve.'
6. You're done!
You've just bought your first CREO using PancakeSwap! A window will pop up letting you know that the transaction was submitted, and it'll also show you a handy link where you can view your transaction details on BscScan.